Stay Connected with AMC
06/23/20 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
AMC is located in the city of Peoria, Arizona. To comply with Mayor Cathy Carlat’s recent proclamation, AMC is now requiring face masks for attenders of all AMC services, classes, and events, which must be worn covering the nose and mouth when within 6′ of another person.
According to state and federal health authorities, the risk of contracting the virus increases significantly when individuals are in enclosed spaces for extended periods and where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
5/27/20 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Dear AMC Mishpochah:
The Leadership Team, Pastor Anita, and I are excited to reopen the sanctuary for Saturday Sabbath worship services beginning this coming Shabbat, Saturday, May 30. Due to the ease of government regulations, we feel the time is right to gradually reopen. Erev Shabbat services will remain online only until we get a better handle on reopening our services and events. Same as before the closure, we will be providing a high-quality online worship experience.
As a reminder, due to the inability to maintain social distancing, Shavuot Service will only be available online at 6 pm on Sunday, May 31. Additionally, due to social distancing concerns, AMC will not hold Onegs or children’s classes until further notice. If you have any questions, please call the office.
Our goal is to continue to share the Gospel message and point people to Messiah Yeshua while keeping in mind our Mishpochah’s safety. We do have cleaning and sanitizing measures in place. Please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines established for your safety, as well as the safety of others.
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, or in general not feeling well, please stay home and join the worship service online.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
For those vulnerable members who have the serious underlying medical conditions listed below and are at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19, for your safety, we prefer you to worship from home. We will notify you when to return.
- Chronic lung disease
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Serious heart conditions
- chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
Saturday Shabbat service attenders, please observe the following:
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Bringing and wearing your mask is recommended
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds after entering the AMC facilities and as needed
- Greet others from a distance, especially during our Shabbat Shalom greeting time
- New Covenant Passover will be handled differently; please listen to instructions
- Be alert for any changes in your health and take appropriate action
We know some feel this is too soon to reopen, and others feel it should have been sooner. Remember, if you don’t feel secure to attend AMC events in person, we invite you to watch online. Please be mindful we all have to be flexible and open to additional changes. We don’t expect anything to happen, and from what we know, praise God, none of our members have been sick with COVID-19.
Blessings in Messiah Yeshua,
Messianic Rabbi Allan Moorhead, Th.D. (h.c.)
Senior Congregation Leader
“Adonai will protect you from all evil. He will guard your life. Adonai will watch over your coming and your going from this time forth and forevermore.” — Psalm 121:7-8
To join an AMC live-streamed service, click on your choice provided below. (Links will be added to selections when generated by YouTube.)
- Erev Shabbat Services (Friday evenings @ 7 pm) – YOUTUBE ONLY
- Shabbat Services (Saturday mornings @ 10:17 am) – ON YOUTUBE – Sanctuary is open to the public for this service only.
- Children’s Shabbat Classes – SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Midrash U (Saturday morning Bible Study) 8:30-9:45 am in the Fellowship Hall.
- Adult Education Classes – ON SUMMER BREAK – will resume in the Fall after Fall appointments.
- Power Hour of Prayer (Thursday evenings @ 7 pm) – CONFERENCE CALL ONLY – Call AMC office for details
- For Such A Time Radio Broadcasts (Sundays @ 1 pm) ONLINE at KPXQ 1360 AM
- Tabernacle Treasures – CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The AMC office is open and answering your phone calls Tuesday through Thursday, 1-5 pm. Also, we are taking additional measures to ensure we sanitize our facilities throughout the week.
If you need prayer, please submit your prayer requests by email to email@example.com. All prayer requests will be printed and the leadership team will pray over them.
In case you are wondering what to do about your tithes and offerings, you can directly access online giving by clicking the green button below.
We also now provide Text to Give at 623-263-1663.
For those who prefer to mail their checks or money orders, please mail to: AMC, PO Box 11360, Glendale, AZ 85318-1360. Please do not mail cash.
Thank you for your faithfulness in giving!